Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy?

Posted by: Oriental Knight

Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/28/12 06:35 PM

Hello,
You may remember me from arguing ethics in religious section, posting drool in Kim Kardashian threads, salt mining in chat, endearing myself to a few mods love by f**king with the rules, and finally, changing banners more often than hoes change condoms. I'm no Billy Crytal but....

Anyhow, in my "adventures" with photoshop the last few months, I've made about 150+ banners, most of them very basic/amateurish--cropping, slight color/lighting changes, resize to 500x200, etc. A small portion I also did cutouts and more advanced stuff. A few I also included the celeb's names but most, didn't.

Why am I telling you all this? I wanted to upload these banners I've made, for those of you who have recently acquired the privilege to sport a banner* and either don't have one, can't make one, or are making one but want to have a temporary banner in the time being. Or...God forbid, you actually like one of the banners I've made! shocked

After I talked to a mod, I realized it's a good idea to do a poll before I upload all those banners. Just to give you a sample of how basic they are:

I have made banners of: Kate Beckinsale, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, Emma Watson, Shenae Grimes, Jessica Stroup, Selena Gomez, Victoria Justice, Jessica Alba, etc.

So please vote and let me know if you're interested.

Thank you and God bless.

*forum regulars can include a banner in their siggies. It has to be 500x200 and non-animated. If you would like one, pm one of our fine moderators.
Posted by: XenaGuy

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 12:58 AM

I'd say "Go ahead." Put 'em in a Thread in <Miscellaneous>.

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 03:56 PM

thanks. smile

More people are also voting, which is good.
Posted by: CT

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 04:02 PM

I'm hungry

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 04:07 PM

You know, that sounded funny when I was making this thread originally. But I so regret putting that option there. giggle
Posted by: Reverence

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 05:23 PM

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread where anyone can post their banner creations for other members to use? It could also be used for banner requests, e.t.c. I'm always making random banners that never see the light of day. cheeky
Posted by: sorrow

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 05:31 PM

Voted yes.

Have never thought about getting one because I suck at photoshop.
So do I have to pm a moderator first or how does this work?

I case someone's really bored, I'd like a temporary Jennette siggy laugh
Posted by: RE Slider

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 05:31 PM

salt mining in chat, giggle your intro was funny high5
Posted by: RICKY80

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 05:34 PM

i voted yes...i have no clue how to make them.galatic prime has made all the ones i've used so far.i would love to have a choice from alot of diffrent ones.
Posted by: KA

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 05:40 PM

hell no. why would i want to make my profile awful cheeky
Posted by: Fulham

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 05:59 PM

Where's the "I need to poop." option? cheeky
Posted by: RE Slider

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Fulham
Where's the "I need to poop." option? cheeky

good id.....oh shit... *runs to bathroom*

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 06:05 PM

rofl

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: RICKY80
i voted yes...i have no clue how to make them.galatic prime has made all the ones i've used so far.i would love to have a choice from alot of diffrent ones.
thumb thanks for the vote. Yeah, galactic been helping a lot of people out--including myself many times.

Originally Posted By: sorrow
Voted yes.
Have never thought about getting one because I suck at photoshop.
So do I have to pm a moderator first or how does this work?

I case someone's really bored, I'd like a temporary Jennette siggy laugh

I suck too but it didn't stop me. giggle
You mean something like this?

Originally Posted By: Reverence
Maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread where anyone can post their banner creations for other members to use? It could also be used for banner requests, e.t.c. I'm always making random banners that never see the light of day. cheeky

Sounds good. I may contact a mod to see if I can join the two ideas, maybe put this in Misc section (or keep it here) and entitle it something like "banner request/share" or something like that.
Posted by: dragonninja

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 07:07 PM

Don't bother PM'ing me, JJ giggle

It's actually a good idea. If anyone has banners that they made (or want to make), but have no intention of using, a thread for them to be posted (and used by others) would be a good idea.

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 07:11 PM

that's fortuitous, I was about to PM you Dragon. giggle

Okay, should I make that thread in the Misc section or keep it here?

p.s. Based on the replies so far--aside from hungry peoplecheeky --I will be uploading what I've made in just a few days, probably on the weekend. So I'll make that thread then.

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 07:13 PM

Since they're not the actual pics, and more of a creation/edit/whatever you wanna call it, I'd say the thread would be best suited in this section as opposed to Misc.

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 07:15 PM

oh good. I wonder if I could use this thread for that purpose. Change the title maybe... thinking

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 07:17 PM

I'd recommend firing up a new thread, free of clutter and hungry people.

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 07:17 PM

Just make a new thread, asshat. cheeky

This one now has two pages of chatter potential punters would have to sift through to get to the banners.

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 07:28 PM

all right, thanks for the input everyone. I'll make that thread this coming weekend.

I kind of don't wanna post my shit in there though. If that thread is gonna be around for a while, don't want my practice banners up on the first page, making me look like a total newbie. Well, at least it'll make other people's contributions look good. cheeky

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 08:00 PM

I'm still fucking hungry.
Posted by: Galactic Prime

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: CT

Then click on my sig banner of Ashley.

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Galactic Prime

Haha, looks good. Are you CookNGobble?
Posted by: Galactic Prime

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 02/29/12 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Galactic Prime

Haha, looks good. Are you CookNGobble?

Yes...that is my website.
Posted by: XenaGuy

Re: Are you interested in some (temporary) banners for your siggy? - 03/01/12 02:10 PM

I, for one, find it extremely hard to believe that there are over a dozen different videos demonstrating how to peel/slice a pineapple! faint [/hijack]

Back on-topic, Yeah, probably this section would be best for a surplus banner thread.