by Alpha
07/14/20 11:14 AM
Kylie Jenner - See through 6/7/2020
by stinka
07/14/20 10:44 AM
Lena Meyer-Landrut - Bikini Butt 14/7/2020
by stinka
07/14/20 09:01 AM
Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble - Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 1080i
by Supervid
07/14/20 06:07 AM
Christina Aguilera - Burlesque - But I Am a Good Girl - Show Me How You - 2010 - 1080
by Supervid
07/14/20 06:04 AM
Emily Ratajkowski - Inner Boob 13/7/2020
by stinka
07/14/20 05:28 AM
Jennifer Lopez - Sexy Pic From The Movie Hustlers (2019)
by PieMan
07/13/20 11:10 PM
Alison Brie - 1883 magazine
by wallingforddude
07/13/20 09:22 PM
Show More
Today's Birthdays
DFrazzer (39), Merrovingo (39), pimpsauce (34), silvajeannie (62), urbanknight2 (41)
Who's Online
19 registered (billyrosscoe, Ephrils, cypress07, N_E_Body, SoulEroder, dskvar, Guy_Incognito, dale jr, ChaosHD, baalschildren, andebry, Iandude, 7 invisible), 869 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
nmbg.ru WL676, bxpvvbtqkix, lxvwxcovdjj, awkzyhnyszl, ixhwxbgcxzh
225897 Registered Users
Page 34 of 34 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34
Topic Options
Tag: thread, football, soccer
#5511633 - 05/02/20 12:38 AM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

Loc: San Jose, CA
This article has much more of the same story about the USWNT equal pay trial.

Women's soccer claim of unequal pay tossed, can argue travel

(Associated Press) A federal judge threw out the unequal pay claim by players on the U.S. women's national soccer team in a surprising loss for the defending World Cup champions but allowed their allegation of discriminatory working conditions to go to trial.

Players led by Alex Morgan sued in March 2019, claiming they have not been paid equally under their collective bargaining agreement to what the men's national team receives under its labor deal. They asked for more than $66 million in damages under the Equal Pay Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

In a 32-page decision Friday, U.S. District Judge R. Gary Klausner granted in part a motion for partial summary judgment by the U.S. Soccer Federation. He threw out the Equal Pay Act allegations but left intact the Civil Rights Act claims.

"The history of negotiations between the parties demonstrates that the WNT rejected an offer to be paid under the same pay-to-play structure as the MNT, and the WNT was willing to forgo higher bonuses for benefits, such as greater base compensation and the guarantee of a higher number of contracted players," Klausner wrote.

"Accordingly, plaintiffs cannot now retroactively deem their CBA worse than the MNT CBA by reference to what they would have made had they been paid under the MNT's pay-to-play terms structure when they themselves rejected such a structure," he said.

Klausner left intact claims the USSF discriminated in the money it spent on commercial airfare, hotel accommodations, and medical and training support services.

A trial is scheduled for June 16 in federal court in Los Angeles.

"We are shocked and disappointed with today's decision, but we will not give up our hard work for equal pay," Molly Levinson, spokeswoman for the women's players, said in a statement. "We are confident in our case and steadfast in our commitment to ensuring that girls and women who play this sport will not be valued as lesser just because of their gender."

Players intend to ask the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn Klausner's decision, a move that could delay the trial into 2021 or later.

"If you know this team at all you know we have a lot of fight left in us. We knew this wasn't going to be easy, change never is," defender Becky Sauerbrunn wrote on Twitter.

While the Americans are the most successful women's team, with four World Cup titles including the last two, the U.S. men did not even qualify for the 2018 World Cup. The USSF argued the women actually made more than the men both overall and by game average, and the women claimed they should have the same bonus structure as the men.

"Merely comparing what WNT players received under their own CBA with what they would have received under the MNT CBA discounts the value that the team placed on guaranteed benefits they receive under their agreement, which they opted for at the expense of higher performance-based bonuses," Klausner wrote.

"This issue is insufficient to create a genuine issue of material fact for trial," he added.

Klausner also said the women could not go forward with their claim that the USSF discriminated against them by scheduling more games on artificial turf than the men had. He said there was not sufficient evidence to show that decisions on field surface were made for discriminatory reasons.

He rejected the USSF's argument that the men had a competitive need for charter flights that the women lacked, allowing that part of the suit to go forward. The federation has argued that the men, who have struggled in World Cup qualifying, have more need for charters than the women in order to arrive more rested for their qualifiers.

"This rationale does not fully explain the gross disparity on money spent on airfare and hotels for the teams," Klausner wrote.

In addition, the USSF has said spending in these areas has been equal since the women's union agreed to a new labor deal in 2017.

Klausner allowed other claims of discriminatory travel accommodations, such as money spent on hotels and commercial flights, to go to trial along with claims on support services such as medical and training staff. He said the USSF's lawyers waited until reply briefs to ask for those claims to be thrown out, which meant he did not have to consider them.

Seyfarth Shaw's summary judgment motion for the USSF included arguments critical of American women's players. That filing caused an uproar and led to the resignation of USSF president Carlos Cordeiro, who was replaced by Cindy Parlow Cone, a former national team player. Latham & Watkins took over as counsel and filed the reply brief.

Parlow Cone has said she hopes the suit can settle before a trial.

"We look forward to working with the women's national team to chart a positive path forward to grow the game," the USSF said in a statement. "We are committed to continuing that work to ensure our women's national team remains the best in the world."

Earlier Friday, the women asked that Parlow Cone be included as a trial witness. Their lawyers said although the federation backed off earlier arguments saying women were inferior to their male counterparts in skill and effort, it still planned to contest differences in responsibility.

-30-

#5512657 - 05/10/20 01:38 AM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

Alex Morgan finally gives birth to her daughter

(CNN) World Cup winner Alex Morgan has given birth to her first child -- after a little bit of extra time.

The American soccer superstar announced the birth of her daughter, Charlie Elena Carrasco, Saturday via social media. Charlie was born on May 7 at 11:30 a.m., coming in at 8 pounds, 5 ounces.

"She made us wait longer than expected, but I should have known she would do it her way and her way only. My super moon baby," Morgan wrote in an Instagram post.

Morgan and husband Servando Carrasco have been married since 2014. They announced their pregnancy in October, saying the baby's due date was in April. Charlie is their first child together.

"Charlie Elena Carrasco, we love you so much baby girl. Alex you're such a warrior. 5/7/20 - best day of my life," Carrasco wrote in an Instagram post.

Morgan is one of the top scorers in international football history with 107 goals. She was one of the US captains at the 2019 World Cup in France, where she netted six goals and tied for most in the tournament.

She was member of the US team that won the 2012 Olympics and the 2015 World Cup. She currently plays for the Orlando Pride in the National Women's Soccer League.

Carrasco is a midfielder for the LA Galaxy in MLS.

-30-

#5515202 - 06/02/20 04:20 PM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

#BLM (Black Lives Matter)
and
some Christen Press photos

I saw the Twitter hashtag #BLM somewhere a few days ago, and I didn't look up what it meant until today. It's for Black Lives Matter, which is entirely current and unfortunately very meaningful.

George Floyd, an African-American man, was murdered on May 25, 2020 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Derek Chauvin, a white American Minneapolis police officer, kept his knee on the right side of Floyd's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. According to the criminal complaint against Chauvin, 2 minutes and 53 seconds of that time occurred after Floyd became unresponsive.

The arrest was made after Floyd was accused of using a counterfeit $20 bill at a market. Police said Floyd physically resisted arrest. Some media organizations commented that a security camera from a nearby business did not show Floyd resisting.

At first, Chauvin was set free. This pissed off a lot of people, not just Black Americans. People of all colors have come out to say they're friggin' mad about it.

Two autopsies of Floyd were conducted; both ruled that the manner of death was homicide.

In the meantime, Chauvin has been arrested and charged with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. Also, people are rioting in the streets all over the world to protest the murder, and the treatment of Black Americans in the USA. President Trump has spoken out about rioters, and unfortunately he's in favor of sending the Army out against the violence. War against your own citizens? What an idiot! frown

"Police brutality" was a term we used a lot in the 1960s and 1970s. Looks like it never really disappeared. Not all police are like this: several police organizations across the USA have made statements criticizing Chauvin's actions.

So this came to me when I was Googling for new images of Christen Press. There can't be much of that, because the USWNT is currently inactive due to the the COVID-19 pandemic. I did find one Instagram of Christen, and it led to Twitter, where I found all the #BLM posts in response to Christen's pic.

In the last pic, Nikki Stanton is an American-born soccer player who currently works for Klepp IL in Norway. Nikki's current girlfriend is the great Sam Kerr from Australia. Those two are former teammates from the Perth Glory (Australia) and the Chicago Red Stars of the NWSL.

Now, back to Christen...

The second two pics are from the 2016 Rio Olympics. Christen missed her penalty kick when it went about two feet above the crossbar. Sweden then made its PK which sent USWNT out of the Olympics for the earliest exit in USA history. Christen knew she'd fucked up and put her hands in front of her face. She looked like she almost started crying. Don't worry Christen. Alex Morgan missed her PK shot, too.

Sweden played a wonderful game, despite what Hope Solo said. That's what got Hope kicked off the team, and that will never change. Alyssa Naeher directly helped win the 2019 Women's World Cup. So there!

The two pics after the Rio Olympics show that Christen has become a toy: a collectible figure. It doesn't look too bad, as a lot of these replicas have faces that look like they belong to someone you've never heard of. This toy only costs $9.97 and it's available at Walmart. That's one store I don't like to visit because the place is run by a bunch of idiot children of the founders, and the company is really anti-workers and anti-union. Also, when I used to go there, I'd get run over by buyers pushing their shopping carts into a new aisle without even looking to see if someone was in their way grumble

The last pic is of Christen holding the 2019 Women's World Cup trophy. Her eyes look like she's incredibly proud and almost ready to shed tears of joy biggrin

#5515950 - 06/10/20 07:23 PM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

Christen Press and Megan Rapinoe will not play in the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup

Women's soccer is back!

The NWSL has announced the Challenge Cup, which will run starting June 27, 2020 at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. All nine teams will play. No fans will be allowed to attend, and every player will get tested for COVID-19. By doing this, the NWSL is perhaps the first pro sports league to announce a restart to the season in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

On ESPN, Julie Foudy mentioned that not all 23 of the USWNT members (Women's World Cup roster) will be with their NWSL teams for this event. It varies by individual, depending on their levels of fitness and other issues that the pandemic affects.

One of those players not attending will be forward Christen Press of the Utah Royals FC. Press herself did not make this announcement. The media outlet mentioned "two people with knowledge of the situation". Yeah, that's the old secret source excuse that the media used to employ. Still, it sounds pretty real to me.

Kelley O'Hara, also on the Royals, is expected to play in the tournament, but will be on a minutes restriction like the other players on the USWNT. Minutes restriction? If they don't want those players to get hurt, why play them at all?

Megan Rapinoe, a USWNT star who plays for the OL Reign (Seattle), has already been ruled out. For what reason was not mentioned.

USWNT members are a huge draw for the NWSL, because it links the league with top level international soccer. If too many other USWNT athletes drop out, it will have an adverse affect on the TV ratings for the Challenge Cup. CBS, CBS All Access, and Twitch (for fans outside the U.S. and Canada) will televise the event.

#5516218 - 06/13/20 05:24 PM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

U.S. Soccer President Cindy Parlow Cone wants to resolve equal pay issue "before it goes to court"

Newly appointed president Cindy Parlow Cone has said she wants the equal pay case settled before it goes to court. I think this is a departure from the previous administration (Carlos Cordeiro, who resigned when U.S. Soccer made a statement that said it was gender differences that accounted for less pay for the women), which seemed to want to win in court to save U.S. Soccer a bunch of money.

I kind of wonder how much of Parlow Cone's background plays into this: she was a USWNT member from 1995 to 2006, with 158 caps and 75 goals. She might be biased toward the players. However, she does still have a job to do as president of U.S. Soccer.

Part of the interview in the link has to do with Policy 604-1, which required the women to stand during the national anthem. This has been repealed, and Cindy personally apologized to Megan Rapinoe for the trouble caused by that policy.

Things are changing for the USWNT, and it's all good so far.

#5517312 - 06/26/20 01:59 AM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

Orlando Pride withdraws from the NWSL Challenge Cup

A combination of 10 players and staff members from the Orlando Pride have tested positive for COVID-19, and the team has pulled out of the NWSL Challenge Cup.

Further information revealed that a group of younger players went clubbing against NWSL and team guidelines. The infections were not a result of training together.

Pride team member Sydney Leroux Tweeted "I'm heartbroken. The majority of our team & staff worked our asses off to put us in the best position to play the game we love again. ... Good luck to the team going to UT. Wish we were there with you."

This afternoon in San Jose, California, I went out to look for some food. When I got to a restaurant location there was an entire family of six people walking around without masks. Here in California, Governor Gavin Newsom has said everyone must be wearing masks. However, a few cities have said "fuck you" to Gavin and will not be enforcing wearing masks.

We're not going to properly get through this pandemic if everyone doesn't make an effort.

#5517314 - 06/26/20 02:14 AM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

USWNT's Carli Lloyd Won't Play in the NWSL Challenge Cup

Carli Tweeted that she sustained a minor knee injury while training, and that it will keep her out of the NWSL Challenge Cup. Carli did add that she's not pregnant. I guess there are a few people who might guess that.

#5517848 - 07/02/20 07:34 AM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

North Carolina has early lead in the NWSL Challenge Cup

With just two games played, the North Carolina Courage lead the NWSL Challenge Cup at 2-0-0. The Portland Thorns revamped their offense and defense, but got beat by the Courage 2-1 in the tourney's first game.

Portland then drew 0-0 with the Chicago Red Stars, so Portland is 0-1-1. If I was a Thorns fan, I'd already be pretty pissed off. Chicago is also 0-1-1.

The Courage beat the Washington Spirit 2-0 in their second game. North Carolina is the league's pre-tourney favorite.

The Houston Dash, Utah Royals, OL Reign (Seattle) and Sky Blue FC (New Jersey) are all 0-0-1. So far the tournament seems NOT full of life.

North Carolina's Lynn Williams has scored 3 goals: one against Portland and a brace against the Spirit. She can't score like that for the USWNT because she's just third string after Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan, Tobin Heath, and Christen Press.

#5518672 - 07/12/20 10:21 PM Re: Women's Football thread (soccer) [Re: ddpahc]
ddpahc Offline  

Legend

Morgan Brian is now Morgan Gautrat

Morgan got married in November 2017 to soccer player Fabrice Gautrat, but has always worn "Brian" on her jersey.

On June 27, 2020, she wore a jersey with "Gautrat" as her name during the NWSL Challenge Cup, reportedly "to surprise her husband."

Morgan currently plays for the Chicago Red Stars, and scored a goal against the Washington Spirit. The Red Stars did lose the game 2-1, however.

Page 34 of 34 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34

Check out Polls on LockerDome
Advertisement