by RICKY80
Yesterday at 05:35 PM
Katy Perry - Sexy But In Leggings - Leaving Sydney - Nov 27 2014
by Skorge
Yesterday at 05:00 PM
Ximena Cordoba - Hot Schoolteacher Video
by cheezmunky
Yesterday at 01:31 PM
Kirsten Dunst does some shopping on Melrose in West Hollywood November 25-2014 x30
by Felek000
Yesterday at 12:53 PM
Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner - Beats by Dre Presents: #SoloSelfie
by PieMan
Yesterday at 12:48 PM
Elizabeth Hurley - Seen at Mandarin Oriental Restaurant in London November 26-2014 x9
by Felek000
Yesterday at 12:41 PM
LAUREN COHAN.ARIANA GRANDE.KATE BECKINSALE.DANICA McKELLAR - AMA's 2014
by DamianVonBarone
Yesterday at 12:33 PM
Paris Hilton Arrives at LAX 25-11-2014
by Independence@Men
Yesterday at 12:17 PM
Jessica Alba - Sexy GIF From The Making of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
by PieMan
Yesterday at 11:53 AM
Laetitia Casta 'Lui France' December 2014
by SkrtChsr
Yesterday at 11:09 AM
Show More
Today's Birthdays
brodanny (2014), Co-T (29), Der3 (29), JamieLee (25), jojeng2002 (35), Lord_Rosla (33), Sylvain (30), xChellx (30)
Who's Online
93 registered (CKramer84, Agent Dee, cracknsmash, Conch8, brettfan, BrockLesnar, BoomDizzle, Cyb0rfreak, Ace2Kind, Buchi, bamaguy11, apapapa, CapnKroaker, csegui23, artificial, carlao, bdake205, 16 invisible), 810 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
idiotrobot69, MarinaDiamandis, james_heiney, austey, AdrnstnslS
202570 Registered Users
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Tag: party
#3614762 - 01/06/12 05:36 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: TexasBlue]
foobar456
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: TexasBlue
glue farm rofl

Never heard that term before. biggrin

Actually I got it a little wrong. It should have been glue factory. Where they take old horses and turn them into glue.

#3614788 - 01/06/12 05:44 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: TexasBlue]
lu61f3r Offline
Veteran

Loc: milky way, local galaxy group,...
That's a far cry from wishing death upon the very person you're debating

Well, I suppose that's a fair point.

Just not what I was saying.
An Eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard the whizz of an Arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of it. Looking down upon the Arrow with which it had been pierced, it found that the shaft of the Arrow had been feathered with one of its own plumes. "Alas!" it cried, as it died,

We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

avy by Skorge

#3614798 - 01/06/12 05:50 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: 1oldminer]
foobar456
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: 1oldminer
Not a clue what in the world you're trying to post here Foob. I assume is your attempt at comedy. giggle
I guess you have to be old AND a nerd.

#3614799 - 01/06/12 05:50 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: ]
TexasBlue Offline
Monitor Tanned

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: foobar456
glue farm rofl

Actually I got it a little wrong. It should have been glue factory. Where they take old horses and turn them into glue.

I get it now (in my old age).

#3614801 - 01/06/12 05:51 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: lu61f3r]
TexasBlue Offline
Monitor Tanned

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: lu61f3r

Initially, you were taken aback by Xena Guy removing Twerk's text. I stated why. The point was made and that's that as far as I'm concerned.

#3614994 - 01/06/12 07:10 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: TexasBlue]
lu61f3r Offline
Veteran

Initially, you were taken aback by Xena Guy removing Twerk's text. I stated why. The point was made and that's that as far as I'm concerned.

Uhm. No, that's something else.

You said this:

<Groan>

That's a far cry from wishing death upon the very person you're debating. Got another hair you want to split? A goal post you want to move?

....when I quoted dbl.

You must've thought I was comparing dbl to twerker, or something.

Well I wasn't. All i'm saying.
An Eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard the whizz of an Arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of it. Looking down upon the Arrow with which it had been pierced, it found that the shaft of the Arrow had been feathered with one of its own plumes. "Alas!" it cried, as it died,

avy by Skorge

#3615347 - 01/06/12 10:53 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: Twerker]
dblboggie Offline  

Urban Myth

Loc: Nowhere... I'm a Myth!
Originally Posted By: Twerker
Then we're not really that far off then.

Oh yes we are. You are libertarian on a small universe
of social issues and in all other ways seem to be quite comfortable with a massive and intrusive government that taxes and regulates the private sector into oblivion a little bit at a time - or in the case of the last 3 years - a LOT at a time.

I'm just in favor of returning to the tax code we had in the 60's and 70's where ALL socioeconomic classes did well, and not just those at the top. I believe this is "fair" whether you do or not.

I do not accept that assessment at all. I lived and worked during the 60's and 70's and I did not do "well" as you say and neither did my father or a lot of other people in the lower middle class neighborhood I grew up in. If the 60's were so great LBJ would not have launched his (disastrous) War on Poverty.

And the 70's sucked even more than the 60's. In the 70's we had Nixon, who was a disaster for the private sector and Carter, who was a disaster for the economy, so much so that by the end of his term unemployment was skyrocketing along with inflation and interest rates.

And let's take a look at those "fair" tax rates back then. From 1960-63 the top tax rate on those earning $200,000 or more was 92%. It dropped to 77% in 1964 and to 70% in 1965 and stayed there until 1982.

Take a 70% income tax rate, throw in payroll taxes, state income taxes, local taxes, property taxes, capital gains taxes and sales taxes and those making $200,000+ were shelling out 3/4's of their income to a bloated and corrupt government. This is not "fair" by any definition of that word.

But more to the point, higher tax rates do not mean higher revenues according to historical data. Indeed, this was the whole discovery by Art Laffer and the central reality of the Laffer Curve.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but continuing with the same corrupt, bloated and extremely costly tax code (compliance costs businesses and individuals nearly $300 billion and over 6 billion) man-hours a year), would be ensuring that crony capitalism will continue to proliferate and corrupt our government and politics.

So your "fair" fleecing of the "rich," no matter how good it feels, only perpetuates an extremely corrupt system that is bankrupting our country.

And one final point, we could tax the so-called "millionaires and billionaires" at 100% and the revenue raised wouldn't even begin to make a dent in our debt. The real money to be made in revenue is always going to be from the middle class because there are many more millions of them than the so-called 1%. If you really wanted to give the midlle class a huge break, you'd be for the Fair Tax and a DRASTIC reduction in the size of the federal government.

Quote:
You can have a heart for unborn babies. I can have a heart for everyone who's not wealthy.

You mistake the reason for my position on having a "heart" for an unborn fetus. The reason for my position, as I've said before, is that science tells us that a fetus at 26 weeks of gestation is a sentient human being deserving of the rights our laws accord to all sentient human beings, including the right to life.

Sentiment, feelings, "heart," none of these things should have a bearing on the law. My position has nothing to do with having a "heart," it's all about the science, the law and doing the right thing in accord with that.

Whether conservatives acknowledge it or not, "the game" is rigged and unbalanced in favor of the wealthy. Their money allows them to manipulate things normal people cannot. Citizens United is an example of this, and all the power that goes with it.

Of course the game is rigged in favor of the wealthy! Their money allows them to manipulate and exploit the tax code in ways normal people cannot. You'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to know this. But WHY or HOW it's rigged is the question you never ask or explore. And yet the reason and means of that "rigging" is our FUCKED UP TAX SYSTEM!!! And a crony capitalist political class is only too happy to exploit that system to keep their hold on power. It's the oldest game in human history.

And yet you continue to back this tool of the wealthy. This is what I just cannot fathom. The Fair Tax, with its pre-bate to offset the regressive nature of a sales tax (something the fed doesn't do with gas and sin taxes today), is FAR superior to our current tax system no matter what rates at which you tax the various income brackets. It TERMINATES the ability of the wealthy and politicians to exploit the tax code to their advantage.

The rich may feel like they are being stolen from, but that's just too bad. History has proven that a "fairer" tax code works and is good for the country, including the rich too.

History has proven no such thing. History has proven that the income has been a boon to the wealthy and the political class at the expense of average Americans.

The middle-class needs disposable income to buy the stuff the rich is making.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

And when I say "fairer tax code" I mean the tax code of the 60s and 70s that was actually fair, not your "Fair Flat Tax" which is not even close to fair and would stifle commerce, especially retail

See above. Also, the Fair Tax would not stifle commerce or retail because prices would not change. See previous posts.

Avy by Boones!

#3615354 - 01/06/12 11:07 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: lu61f3r]
dblboggie Offline  

Urban Myth

Just this for now, but by way of introduction to my upcoming response to the rest of the post, I should just say that the equation of the thoughts of a man with his speech is not necessarily true.

Originally Posted By: dblboggie
Mm. If I talked with a pregnant woman at 3 times during her pregnancy: Once at the end of the first month, at the end of the fourth, and then again at the end of the eight, during which of those conversations am I having a conversation with a woman who's put on a little weight, or who is carrying a human being inside her.

Classify those three encounters, if you would.

By the end of the 4th month...I'm fairly certain the woman would consider this a human life.

Do you, or do you not

At 16 weeks I do not, but then I wouldn't be the one whom the fetus is kicking in the bladder. I was speaking based on my experiences with pregnant women and the form of your question which assumed that point of view.

Avy by Boones!

#3615360 - 01/06/12 11:14 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: ]
dblboggie Offline  

Urban Myth

Originally Posted By: foobar456
glue farm rofl

I was wondering if you were going to catch that error. giggle

<--- not quite ready for the glue factory...

Avy by Boones!

#3615375 - 01/06/12 11:33 PM Re: Dear Republican Party... [Re: dblboggie]
lu61f3r Offline
Veteran

Just this for now, but by way of introduction to my upcoming response to the rest of the post, I should just say that the equation of the thoughts of a man with his speech is not necessarily true.

Mm. If I talked with a pregnant woman at 3 times during her pregnancy: Once at the end of the first month, at the end of the fourth, and then again at the end of the eight, during which of those conversations am I having a conversation with a woman who's put on a little weight, or who is carrying a human being inside her.

Classify those three encounters, if you would.

By the end of the 4th month...I'm fairly certain the woman would consider this a human life.

Do you, or do you not

At 16 weeks I do not, but then I wouldn't be the one whom the fetus is kicking in the bladder. I was speaking based on my experiences with pregnant women and the form of your question which assumed that point of view.

I wasn't asking you for what a woman thought, I was asking you for what you thought. The method of introduction was just that, an introduction.

The next question I would ask in this situation is: Is it, or is it not, a human life?

Course, you've already given your opinion, so the question becomes: Why is it then, at 16 weeks, not a human life, but is human at 27?

As regards it's humanity alone, what has changed between 16 weeks and 27?

Is it any more human than it was? Was it any less human before?

avy by Skorge

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >

Check out Polls on LockerDome
Advertisement