by Dashxo
18 minutes 40 seconds ago
Jennifer Garner - 28th American Cinematheque Awards in Beverly Hills 10/21/14
by Dashxo
19 minutes 30 seconds ago
Vanessa Hudgens - Shopping in NYC10/21/14
by Dashxo
26 minutes 16 seconds ago
Maitland Ward at Adolfo Sanchez Fashion Show in Hollywood 10/20/14 - See-Thru Nips & Ass
by Duff Diver
32 minutes 43 seconds ago
Ximena Cordoba - Dressed as a Schoolgirl x2
by cheezmunky
47 minutes 41 seconds ago
Ariana Grande - Drawing Blindfolded Backstage Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014 720p
by DFrazzer
Today at 09:09 PM
Ariana Grande - Bang Bang Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014 720p
by DFrazzer
Today at 08:59 PM
The Saturdays - The National Lottery Break The Safe 9th August 2014 1080i
by DFrazzer
Today at 08:47 PM
Show More
Today's Birthdays
AxoN (28), mjlviii (52), Snowblind (43)
Who's Online
113 registered (CKramer84, branpa80, adm1, -evilmonkey-, Boricua, champakali, bigdrae, Bucmiester, c293716, camwood, blast2142, Bali, ChicagoTC, AndrewDiceClay, basooner, 7453297, AndrewCrossett, 31 invisible), 1137 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
joseph84, patrick47, objections, ezio2111, thedudenbg
201953 Registered Users
Topic Options
Tag: quotes, book, share
#3235422 - 05/06/11 02:54 AM Share some quotes from your favorite book!
Oriental Knight Offline
Windmill Attendant

If needed, provide setting or pertinent information so others can appreciate the quote more.

#3235525 - 05/06/11 04:28 AM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Oriental Knight]
Legolas Offline
On holiday from Middle Earth

Loc: Scotland
Not from my favourite book (LOTR), but from one of my favourite writers, P.G. Wodehouse. He was a master of the comic turn of phrase and in almost any of the Jeeves and Wooster series there are little gems to be found. This is one I've often quoted over the years, from The Code of the Woosters (1938):

"if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled"

There is of course no such word as gruntled, but there ought to be... and the meaning is obvious! giggle

1. Kylie Minogue

Anna Kournikova
Claire Danes
Emma Watson
Emmy Rossum
Jessica Alba
Kristin Kreuk
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Summer Glau
Vanessa Hudgens

#3236403 - 05/06/11 06:16 PM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Legolas]
Bruce Wayne Offline
Rated R

Loc: Gotham City
I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you. - Batman, The Dark Knight Returns

I'm feelin' low, so get me high.
1.Elizabeth Gillies 2.Selena Gomez 3.Victoria Justice
4.Troian Bellisario 5.Shay Mitchell 6.Anna Kendrick
7.Ashley Benson 8.Jennifer Lawrence 9.Alexandra Daddario 10.Alexandra Breckendridge
11.Mila Kunis 12.Lucy Hale 13.Debby Ryan
14.Emmy Rossum 15.Zoey Deutch

#3236443 - 05/06/11 06:34 PM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Bruce Wayne]
Oriental Knight Offline
Windmill Attendant

The first thing Daisy says, in my favorite American novel, The Great Gatsby:

"I'm p-paralyzed with happiness."

#3240239 - 05/08/11 02:11 AM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Oriental Knight]
Fulham Offline
Maker's Mark Inebriate

Loc: Sooner Nation
Red Lobster, White Trash, and The Blue Lagoon.....not my absolute favorite book, but I don't own that book any longer. It is, however, my 2nd favorite book:

Originally Posted By: Joe Queenan
For years, I'd been vaguely aware of Michael Bolton's existence, just as I'd been vaguely aware that there was an ebola virus plague in Africa. Horrible tragedies, yes, but they had nothing to do with me. All that changed when I purchased a copy of The Classics. When you work up the gumption to put a record like The Classics on your CD player, it's not much different from deliberately inoculating yourself with rabies. With his heart-on-my-sleeve appeals to every emotion no decent human being should even dream of possessing, Michael Bolton is the only person in history who has figured out a way to make "Yesterday" sound worse than the original. He's Mandy Patinkin squared. His sacrilegious version of Sam Cooke's "Bring It on Home to Me" is a premeditated act of cultural ghoulism, a crime of musical genocide tantamount to a Jerry Vale rerecording of the Sex Pistols' "Anarchy in the UK" And having to sit there, and listen while this Kmart Joe Cocker mutilates "You Send Me" is like sitting through a performance of King Lear with Don Knotts in the title role.

love Camilla Belle love
Kate Beckinsale - Emma Watson
Emmy Rossum - Vanessa Hudgens - JoJo Levesque
Jennifer Lawrence - Debby Ryan - Kaylee DeFer - AnnaLynne McCord
Elizabeth Gillies - Selena Gomez - Lily Collins - Lea Michele - Haley Bennett - Emma Roberts

#3240294 - 05/08/11 02:50 AM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Fulham]
Oriental Knight Offline
Windmill Attendant

rofl

that's great!

#3240717 - 05/08/11 10:21 AM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Oriental Knight]
Legolas Offline
On holiday from Middle Earth

Loc: Scotland
So he doesn't like Michael Bolton then? giggle

1. Kylie Minogue

Anna Kournikova
Claire Danes
Emma Watson
Emmy Rossum
Jessica Alba
Kristin Kreuk
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Summer Glau
Vanessa Hudgens

#3250899 - 05/13/11 04:39 PM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Legolas]
Oriental Knight Offline
Windmill Attendant

Quote from Shelley's Frankenstein, another favorite novel of mine. Here the monster is talking to his creator, Victor:

"I am content to reason with you. I am malicious because I am miserable. Am I not shunned and hated by all mankind? You, my creator, would tear me to pieces and triumph; remember that, and tell me why I should pity man more than he pities me? ... Shall I respect man when he condemns me? Let him live with me in the interchange of kindness, and instead of injury I would bestow every benefit upon him with tears of gratitude at his acceptance. But that cannot be; the human senses are insurmountable barriers to our union. Yet mine shall not be the submission of abject slavery. I will revenge my injuries; if I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear, and chiefly towards you my arch-enemy, because my creator, do I swear inextinguishable hatred. Have a care; I will work at your destruction, nor finish until I desolate your heart, so that you shall curse the hour of your birth."

#3618687 - 01/09/12 01:55 AM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: Oriental Knight]
julinpark Offline
Stranger

The first thing Daisy says, in my favorite American novel, The Great Gatsby

#3627628 - 01/14/12 03:41 AM Re: Share some quotes from your favorite book! [Re: julinpark]
Grumpyperson
Unregistered

'Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.'

Robert E. Howard, 'The Phoenix on the Sword'

Check out Polls on LockerDome
Advertisement