by Independence@Men
12/22/14 10:31 AM
Kesha 'Ke$ha' Sebert - at LAX, 20 dec 2014
by Independence@Men
12/22/14 10:12 AM
Miranda Cosgrove - walking her dog in L.A. 12/18/2014
by charles123
12/22/14 09:59 AM
Maitland Ward - attends Couture Du Couture Resentment Run Evil Fashion Show 12/20/2014
by charles123
12/22/14 09:58 AM
Liberty Ross - shopping at Barneys New York in L.A. 12/17/2014
by charles123
Hilary Duff - out in West Hollywood 12/18/2014
by charles123
Dakota Fanning - walking her dog in Los Angeles 12/21/2014
by charles123
12/22/14 09:56 AM
Christina Milian - seen at Warwick Club in Los Angeles 12/20/2014
by charles123
Behati Prinsloo - Victoria's Secret photoshoot in the Caribbean 12/11/2014
by charles123
Miley Cyrus dancing only with nipple cover, December 2014
by stinka
12/22/14 07:46 AM
Katy Perry Seen wandering on a midsummer's day in New Zealand December 21-2014 x18
by Felek000
12/22/14 07:19 AM
Show More
Today's Birthdays
aldrete (2014), Erci (29), Hauley (42), JohnLocke (37), jr1958 (56), tracy1 (24)
Who's Online
123 registered (Blodvold, Cacetada, Crazyboy862, alexgut007, altgenug, danfan4, bukwyrm, blahz, Bipolar Bear, chefcryo, colbey32, captainBlake, chefgordon, asg, atl2321, Dahazz, approach, cybermonty, 20 invisible), 1188 Guests and 39 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
pmore2, IvanRocha, Johnsmithdoidao, TNthunder, dashleyb
202948 Registered Users
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3190549 - 04/08/11 01:15 PM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: snoop]
Oriental Knight Offline
Windmill Attendant

I'm not a supporter of the proposed "fan art" section but if you allow me to quibble for a bit:

"Fake" is different from "fan art." Fake claims to be real. Fan art makes no such pretense. And that's why you see people pointing out "it's fake" when some picture is altered and people are debating if it's "real."

#3190569 - 04/08/11 01:27 PM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: snoop]
Skorge Offline  

Katy Perry's Husband™

Loc: Making Katy RoaRRRR!
Rule #10 was intended for the regular picture forums when it was created. Specialty sections of the forum are immune to certain rules and a 'Fan Art' section would be another specialty section.

Certain rules already don't apply to certain sections of the forum. The first one that comes to mind is the post bump rule. It doesn't apply to discussion-based forums like the Corner and other areas where only discussions take place. All Fan Art would be presumed "fake" in some way as part of the creative process is to alter them. That's the whole point of the section.

Obviously you guys have the final say in what gets created, but if you're not going to create the section, I think a better reason is needed. Many of us would enjoy and participate in such a section.

My #1 And ONLY Lady: Katy Perry love love love love love love
Born: October 25, 1984
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130lbs
Measurements: 32D-24-35
Pics: 2,703,000+ (691+ GB)
Vids: 1,787 (234+ GB)

My Notable KATY PERRY Threads:
APPRECIATION THREAD v1.0
APPRECIATION THREAD v2.0
SOCIAL MEDIA THREAD
PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR 2014

#3190641 - 04/08/11 02:44 PM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: Skorge]
cobalt Offline  

Transition Metal

Loc: Birmingham
I predict a fan-art section would get a lot more traffic than the literature section will.

Although now I can write my own smutty fanfic starring JJ and Miley.

Avy by Boones! laugh

#3191793 - 04/09/11 03:58 AM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: Skorge]
snoop Offline  

Mythical Figure

Originally Posted By: RAAM
Rule #10 was intended for the regular picture forums when it was created. Specialty sections of the forum are immune to certain rules and a 'Fan Art' section would be another specialty section.

Obviously you guys have the final say in what gets created, but if you're not going to create the section, I think a better reason is needed.

A better reason isn't needed at all. We simply don't want people breaking the rules on here and by having a special section which actually encourages people to bend the rules a bit isn't the way that we want to go.

#3191856 - 04/09/11 06:24 AM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: Moonman]
KA Offline
Phuck the Bilson

Loc: Bilson
Originally Posted By: Moonman
Originally Posted By: Jose_(JT)
Now a new excuse...
I go to Superiorpics for the Literature section.
Reminds me of those that say "I only read Playboy for the articles." giggle
shocked since when did they start putting words in playboy?

I like BOOBIES and its Skorge's fault. I need to do: Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, Sheryl Crow, Olivia Munn, and YOUR NUMBER ONE. Oh and Rachel Bilson

#3191863 - 04/09/11 06:37 AM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: cobalt]
Oriental Knight Offline
Windmill Attendant

Originally Posted By: cobalt
I predict a fan-art section would get a lot more traffic than the literature section will.

Although now I can write my own smutty fanfic starring JJ and Miley.

ooo

#3191958 - 04/09/11 09:04 AM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: snoop]
Skorge Offline  

Katy Perry's Husband™

Loc: Making Katy RoaRRRR!
Originally Posted By: snoop

Obviously you guys have the final say in what gets created, but if you're not going to create the section, I think a better reason is needed.

A better reason isn't needed at all. We simply don't want people breaking the rules on here and by having a special section which actually encourages people to bend the rules a bit isn't the way that we want to go.

That is a chance you take when you try anything new on a forum. Why not even give it a trial run at the very least?

My #1 And ONLY Lady: Katy Perry love love love love love love
Born: October 25, 1984
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130lbs
Measurements: 32D-24-35
Pics: 2,703,000+ (691+ GB)
Vids: 1,787 (234+ GB)

My Notable KATY PERRY Threads:
APPRECIATION THREAD v1.0
APPRECIATION THREAD v2.0
SOCIAL MEDIA THREAD
PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR 2014

#3194609 - 04/10/11 09:47 PM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: snoop]
The Devils Left Hand Offline
Son of the Morning

Loc: Αἵδης...

Is this a unilateral decision? Because no one from the administration responded to my original suggestion when posted in the suggestion thread.

I would also like to point out that Rule #10 was created for the regular picture forums. Also, those rules can be amended to state that an exception exists for the fan art sections. If you saw my original post, I was attempting to create a section to deal with various growing trends (including bubbling) so that people wouldn't feel compelled to actually break the spirit of the rules here.

By stating that it's not being considered because it's against the rules is dismissive. The rules were designed by the administration here and have evolved over time. I remember when there was no age limit. I remember when avatars couldn't be more than 1mb. I remember when the mere mention of a signature image would get you chastised.

My point is this: if your only reason is for not considering it, is because of a rule that you, yourself can modify, then I'm missing something here.

#3195000 - 04/11/11 12:57 AM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: The Devils Left Hand]
JT Offline
Mythical Figure

Loc: Nueva York
Not for nothing but other similar web forums do have artwork/creation sections. video sections, non-celeb picture sections, etc.
The worse that can happen is a proliferation of fake pics like fake nip slips and such. As long as they don't have nudity.
If you're scared it may be too overwhelming just promote 1 or 2 members to mods.
I know there are rules and such but like DLH said you mods can change whatever rules, just as long as there's no nudity or girls under 16. Why be so restrictive?

#3198947 - 04/13/11 12:42 PM Re: Literature Section Is Now Open [Re: The Devils Left Hand]
snoop Offline  

Mythical Figure

Originally Posted By: The Devils Left Hand

Is this a unilateral decision? Because no one from the administration responded to my original suggestion when posted in the suggestion thread.

I would also like to point out that Rule #10 was created for the regular picture forums. Also, those rules can be amended to state that an exception exists for the fan art sections. If you saw my original post, I was attempting to create a section to deal with various growing trends (including bubbling) so that people wouldn't feel compelled to actually break the spirit of the rules here.

By stating that it's not being considered because it's against the rules is dismissive. The rules were designed by the administration here and have evolved over time. I remember when there was no age limit. I remember when avatars couldn't be more than 1mb. I remember when the mere mention of a signature image would get you chastised.

My point is this: if your only reason is for not considering it, is because of a rule that you, yourself can modify, then I'm missing something here.

It has been discussed in the mod section a few times and the majority were against it. It's a section that would require a lot of extra moderating and somewhere where rule breaks WILL happen no matter what. Some rules don't apply to certain sections of the forum at the minute (such as bumping old threads in non-content sections) but if we add a new section that is for posting content that is't allowed in the other areas then people will get confused in regards to the forum rules

It can be discussed further but at the end of the day most of the things that would be posted there fall into the 'fake' category and that's one rule that won't be adjusted.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Check out Polls on LockerDome
Advertisement